Share your story better
with our 1-minute manna
Get fresh manna every
morning in your inbox
Get fresh manna every morning in your inbox
Some error has occured.
Killing flies with chainsaws
Tue, Sep 29, 2020
Caleb, my 3-year old, reckons his toy guitar needs my guitar stand more than my acoustic guitar does, as you can see in the image below.
“Why don’t you just keep it with your other toys?” I asked.
“Because it’s a guitar, so it needs a stand,” he replied calmly.
I love how he defends his toys, but all guitars don’t necessarily need stands, especially toy guitars.
I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had to stop clients from signing up for the most expensive and sophisticated MarTech tools, such as Hubspot and Salesforce, right from the outset.
Most people who are looking for a CRM tool might not realize that:
- You’d probably need only a tenth of its features
- You’re often really overpaying and underutilizing
- It takes hard work to actually use it
It costs far more to use a MarTech tool than to subscribe to it.
Know the difference so that you can find the right tool for your marketing needs.
- Don’t try to kill flies with chainsaws.
- Use a fly swatter or an electric racket.
- Switch to a chainsaw only when you really need to.
Drop me an email and tell me if you’re using a big MarTech tool for a small need.