Share your story better
with our 1-minute manna
Get fresh manna every
morning in your inbox
Get fresh manna every morning in your inbox
Build a better blog
Tue, Jun 08, 2021
Yesterday, I blogged about how Donald Trump dumped his blog (like so many other bloggers do) in just 29 days.
So here’s a checklist for a win-win blog with the seven secrets of subscription:
- Start with market sensing and market research: Find your ideal customer, what he values, and the best format you can add value.
- Offer specific value: Clearly convey your niche domain, frequency of blogging, and value in reading your blog.
- Commit to the long term: If you can’t be patient for a year to see results, it’s better not to start.
- Commit to the content and quality: Don’t write for the sake of writing; write only if you can add value.
- Go blue ocean: If everyone else is writing a weekly blog, write a daily one. Go ahead and be distinct.
- Invest in the tech: Subscription becomes easier when everything (landing page, form, and email automation) works seamlessly.
- Measure & manage: Track the metrics to know when to call it quits and when to scale your effort.
There are 100+ tactics to scale blogs, but these seven strategies help ensure that your blog is a winner.
Tell me which blogging strategies you’re already using.